Sunday, June 17, 2007

My FAQ

If I'm chatting to guests at the bar, I'm always asked the same sort of questions. If they seem the friendly sort, I usually answer honestly. With that in mind...


My FAQ:

Q: What is the most tips you've ever made in one night?
A: £65 from a couple of American guests trying to impress 2 Irish girls

Q: What is the best tip you've ever made?
A: £7 for driving to a petrol station at 1am to pick up a pack of 3 condoms

Q: What is the worst tip you've ever made?
A: 10p - The bill was £9.85, so when they paid with a £10 note and were handed 15p change, they made the conscious decision to not just leave their change, but to give 10p of it

Q: What is the longest shift you've ever worked?
A: 15 hours straight - We were short staffed and a party was seriously underestimated (the cleaning alone took 4 hours with 3 of us working at it)

Q: Do you like your job?
A: It really depends on what type of guest we have in the bar. A lot of the time, yes, I do

And finally,

Q: Would you recommend the hotel restaurant? Honestly?
A: ... Um... I think there are many fine restaurants in town and it would be a shame to spend all of your time in the hotel
Q: You didn't answer the question.
A: ... Sorry, you'll have to excuse me, my room service pager just went off, I'm needed in the kitchen


I know I'm missing some of the other questions I'm often asked, but I've just come off shift and I'm finding it hard to think.

If you have any questions you'd like me to answer, please ask!

3 comments:

Arriva Driver said...

Are you allowed to stay for free if a room isn't booked for the night?

D said...

If you have a really good reason to.

For example, I was offered a room when we were snowed in, and again when I worked a really late shift and was due in very early.

Manuel said...

I get asked "why are you still a waiter?

I'm 34, and the oldest member of staff at our restaurant. People find it odd I never went for a management position. Why would I when I earn more than all of the managers except the GM himself. Tips rock.....