Sunday, May 20, 2007

My Exhibitionists?

As stated in a previous post, for some obscure reason after a certain time I take over maintenance duties for the hotel. I was recently sent to fix a TV in one of the rooms and think I may have the mental image for the rest of my life.


The guests had rung down to complain that their TV had no aerial and reception had assured them that they would send someone up with one. I was duly called, but explained to reception that I didn't think replacing the TV aerial would fix the problem, as the TV had been broken for 6 months. Not wanting to have to ring the guest back and inform them of their mistake, reception told me to go up and try it anyway; that way it would at least look like we tried.


Knocking twice, and receiving no reply, I let myself into the room with the master key, entering slowly and calling out on the off-chance they hadn't heard the door.

Still no reply.

Having confirmed the room was empty, I proceeded into the bedroom... walking straight in on a couple having sex doggy-style.

I rushed backwards out of the room, apologising profusely, but the guest called me back before I could leave. When I explained I was there to fix the TV, he told me to go ahead.

What followed was an awkward 5 minutes, where I tried to repair a TV I knew I couldn't fix whilst being watched by a naked couple lying in bed under a duvet. I then had to explain this to them, trying very hard not to stare.

As I was about to leave, the gentleman called me back and reeled off a list of further complaints, asking what I could do about them. This resulted in another awkward 10 minutes.

When I finally managed to leave and get back to the bar, I told the other bar staff about my 'excursion'. When she stopped laughing, she told me they might have wanted to be seen and just pretended not to hear me. She then told me about a guest who she thought deliberately dropped his bath towel in front of her.


When I got home and told my flatmate, she agreed that they were most likely exhibitionists.

a) I was called to the room, so they had to have been anticipating someone
b) I knock very loudly - ironically, to avoid walking in on people having sex
c) When I tried to leave, they kept me there to fix the TV
d) When I tried to leave again, they kept me for as long as possible listing complaints

and

e) They weren't covering themselves very well


When most guests are in the middle of something and their room service arrives, the woman tends to run and hide in the bathroom, leaving the guy to struggle into a bathrobe/a towel/his pants and answer the door.

I have been called to guests' rooms whilst the husband is either out or in the bar and the female guest has 'dropped' their towel, and I have also been chatted up in the bar in front of the husband (I DO NOT appreciate this - the last time I had to attempt to calm down a VERY angry husband).


So please, if you're staying in a hotel and are planning to either flirt with or expose yourself to the bar/room service staff...

LEAVE YOUR SPOUSE AT HOME

6 comments:

Arriva Driver said...

Hahaha, this post made my day.

Well done for remaining as professional as you possibly could, Im not sure I could of.

caramaena said...

Total exhibitionists. I would have run!

Pizza Hut Team Member said...

For all you know they could have been mystery guests!!

D said...

I certainly hope not, otherwise their comments regarding service might be a little... strange?

Anonymous said...

Thank u ;-) check out that emo boy hair on this blog:
http://www.emo--boys.info

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing